Monday, October 21, 2013

Twits, Twats and General Irritants

Sometimes one just has to take to the blog to vent one's frustrations.  As many of you have noticed I have been well, a little slack in tending to my Twitter account lately.  Since the move I have either been very busy, too tired or just not into the absurdity of social networks.  Don't get me wrong, I love to throw out a funny tweet or two, but I just haven't been into it.

So as I was tweeting tonight a couple of things dawned on me.  First, what I do is funny.  I live tweet during the Real Housewives shows.  I am cutting, snarky and funny.  Really, really funny.  I enjoy tweeting things about the insipid group of gals that have somehow, through no fault of their own, made their ways into our pop culture and lives.  I wonder does anyone ever really take any of these broads seriously?

Maybe I am just a cynical old fart but I cannot take anything these chickas pump out.  Nope.  Caroline is not a good mother, Kathy is some pent up housewife with body issues, just like Melissa can sing.  Its a farce of epic proportions.  They all run around with full make-up on, slap their names on products and argue.  Boy do they ever argue over the stupidest shit on the planet.  There are starving people the globe over, but its very important that Teresa not mean tweet Melissa?  Huh?  What?  No!

I have been tweeting the Housewives for years.  I consider myself a lay Joan Rivers.  My quips are quick, cutting and colorful.  Many tell me they really enjoy my tweets.  That makes me happy.  Its one of the reasons I do it.  Every so often, some tree hugging, hemp wearing twat comes along who has to tell me to be nice.  No I ask, has Joan Rivers ever been nice?  Is her career going full tilt boogie?

If you follow me on twitter you will see my "snarky" tweets.  They are never, for the most part, ever directed at the ladies.  If they see my tweets, then they are doing some heavy hash tag searching and if that is truly the case, then read on.  I personally live by a maxim, "Its none of my business what someone says behind my back, if they want me to know, they will tell me."  It serves me well and I highly recommend it for others.

With that being said, I am tired of people who think they personally need to defend someone they don't even know and the object of their passion doesn't know they are alive.  Really people?  I am also tired of the he said/she said wars on Twitter.  People get very, very into the wars.  One thing being on social networks has taught me is to have a thick skin, like that of a crocodile.

I also don't like the fucktards who think its cool to correct my tweets.  I get that I have typos all over the place.  Since when did correcting someone become polite?  There isn't one person on Twitter who has not at one time fuckered up a tweet or two.  It happens people get over it.

Also, to all those republicans who love to spout off about the Constitution and shit, whatever happened to free speech?  Or did George Bush snatch that away too?  What I say, how I say it, is my right.  If you don't like something, then either look away or unfollow me.  Either way, I don't care.  Don't correct me about humorous tweets about the idiot Housewives.  Its not your job to police the wonderful land of twitter.  It really isn't.  I cannot tell you how many times I see a tweet that yanks my chain and I do the ever popular eye roll or shut the computer down and...I don't know...get a life.  I just ignore the stupid shit and go about my merry way.

Those are some of the reasons I haven't been on Twitter nor Facebook much lately. Just not interested in fighting, arguing or getting into hilarious battles of whit with those who are...well...lets just say they are challenged and move on.  Its not fun.

There, that's my rant.  Lump it or leave it.



No comments:

Post a Comment